- 3 medium uncooked zucchini, diced
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 18 medium fresh cherry tomato(es), halved
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini is crisp-tender, 1–2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes are heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
Stirring in the mint after the skillet has been removed from the heat prevents the mint from turning black. If you have extra mint leaves, use them as a garnish. Consider serving this side dish with grilled swordfish steaks, as pictured.